Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Colette: Meringue


Well I made up a muslin for the meringue skirt and will have to make a few adjustments :( Its way to long for my 5'3 frame and possible a bit to A line compared to the picture in the book. Back to the drawing board. I am happy with the waist which is a first for me! All that needs to be altered is the length and take out some of the volume on the thighs possibly?

I will adapt the pattern tomorrow, rip some seams and have another go. Quite looking forward to wearing the finished skirt already!

3 comments:

  1. I am always too lazy to make a muslin, but I think it is a fantastic idea to make sure it fits perfectly. Sewing the scallops is not as hard as it look, their tip about tracing the line to be sewn is a brilliant idea, just make sure you do it slowly and not rush it.
    The one big tip I have for you is to make sure you don't accidentally cut out the threads when you grade the hem. I did that and had to hand sew the edges to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the sew-along! We're delighted to have you on board and look forward to seeing your garments! Be sure to add them to the Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/sewcolettesewalong/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. I am looking forward to it.

      Delete