Friday 2 March 2012

Colette Pastille Dress: Half way there.

I am so behind with the sew along but I will be catching up real soon!

I have spent the evening finishing off my muslin and I must say I am glad I did as I have had to make a few adjustments.

I have had to take length off the front and back bodice as I obviously have a very short body myself! But I also have very small shoulders so I will have to take some bulk from the shoulders too.

I have also decided lower the neckline on the final garment as high necklines do nothing for me and I have spent too much time procrastinating over pleating the fabric down to the hemline as I feel it will look much better (plus I'm such a shorty I need to loose a fair few inches off the skirt length). My pattern has been adjusted accordingly I am ready to go!!!!

Roll on my little ones bed time so I can get going of the final garment tomorrow. Here is the unaltered muslin and despite my attempt to re-pad Deirdre she is still not the same as me fitting wise.



I hope everyone has a fab weekend. :o) x

No comments:

Post a Comment