Thursday 7 June 2012

Summer Essentials Sew Along (SESA) 2012

 

1 MONTH: In the month of June, sew one fabulous garment that you plan on strutting all summer.

1 GARMENT: Your choice!

1 GREAT LIST: http://www.flickr.com/groups/sssa/

1 FABULOUS PRIZE: 2.5 YARDS OF SUMMERY COOL SEERSUCKER & you could also win an indie sewing pattern of your choice from Ali!

For more details, to join in and to grab the badge please head over to the gorgeous girlies that are hosting the sew along: Sarah of Rhinestones & Telephones, Ali of The Wardrobe Reimagined and Alessa of Farbenfreude.

 

I am definitely taking part in this. I have been debating all day about what to make.

 

I have decided to go with Simplicity 2446. I know it doesn't look very summery but year after year I look for light summer blazers and never find any. I have a few modifications in mind to make it more summery (colour, material, 3/4 length gathered arms, different collar) so in theory it will be lovely, light and summery.

 

I have some black (I know I know stupid colour but I cant help it) cotton sheeting for the muslin as this will be my first jacket attempted so I am anticipating many muslins so I went for the cheapest material to hack into Winking smile. I am off now to find my pattern and work out what size to trace. Happy days. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment